Spray to Order Refinish
We take your frame, sandblast down the old finish, and get busy with some Spray.Bike. Undercoating the frame and fork with the appropriate primers, then you're chosen finish is applied. The whole bike is then laquered for extra toughness.
Currently we have 5 different paint schemes to pick from using any of the Spray.Bike colours on their website. Your choice. Or, if your feeling trusting there is always the Lucky Dip.
- Drip- This method produces a frame with crazy unpredictable drip effects. We have three layers of paint to work with: the base coat can include as many colors as you like but the top coat works best as a single colour.
- Fade - Pick your colours, pick your 'hotspots' and let us do the rest.. Just remeber to think about what colours look like when they mix!
- Torn tape - This method produces a bold, eye catching scheme. The edges between the colour blocks are jagged, and the positioning of the colour blocks will be done as the frame is painted, freestyle!
- Stencils- For these frames we use a repeating stencil or two. This gives a pattern like effect. We normally use basic shapes for this, such as stars, hearts, lightning bolts, clouds, and geometric shapes. A solid colour base and 3-4 colors in shapes has worked well in the past, but there are more simple or more complicated schemes that would probably look pretty cool. We always do our best, but occasionally, there may be some overspray or poorly defined stencil edges.
- Lucky Dip- You are fully trusting us to paint your bike anyway we like.. It will come out sweet as! We promise!
We can add logos to the frame if you like, for an extra charge starting at £35, depending on number and positioning. We can even write or draw on the frame too! Let us know what you'd like below and we'll be in touch to iron out the details.
THE FINE PRINT:
THE FINISH QUALITY WILL BE IMPERFECT: It’s part of the concept here, but it bears repeating that these frames are painted using spray paint! Spray.Bike is fantastic top quality paint, and we are very experienced using it, but these frames won’t come out looking like professional paint jobs.
There will almost always be some small imperfections, overspray, or other small blemishes. Usually, we don’t leave drips, but it’s possible. With that said, if you are riding the bike the way it is intended to be used, we won’t leave anything worse than what you will do to in in the first few months of riding. That said, the frames we've painted so far have been plenty durable!
THESE MIGHT TAKE A LONG TIME: We actually don’t know about this one, since we are just starting, but it seems like a good warning to give. Once we have your order, your frame will be placed in the queue, and then we will paint it as soon as we can. We love painting frames, so we expect to actually be fairly good at clearing the list. However, we get really busy sometimes and there may be some delays. When we email about details we can estimate this wait time as well.
THESE WILL NOT LOOK EXACTLY LIKE YOU EXPECT: If you want something specific with your design, we will try and stay close to what you want. But these will never be 100% made to order. You will need to be a little flexible, and willingness to accept a little surprise should be accepted. We haven’t yet painted a bike that turned out exactly how we planned. Halfway through most paint jobs there is some change that needs to happen, or some new idea that we only figured out because we were seeing how the bike progressed. If that doesn’t sound good, probably best to find a professional painter, or DIY!
OTHER DESIGNS ARE POSSIBLE: We’ve done a whole bunch of bikes over the years. If you have seen something that you really want, let us know. More intricate, and complex things can all be done, but will require special consultation. If you want us to take one of those on for you we will. Additional charges, and possibly additional wait time will apply, but if that works for you we can probably make some pretty cool things happen. Expect a few emails along the way to get this locked.
PRODUCT INFOI'm a product detail. I'm a great place to add more information about your product such as sizing, material, care and cleaning instructions. This is also a great space to write what makes this product special and how your customers can benefit from this item.
RETURN & REFUND POLICYI’m a Return and Refund policy. I’m a great place to let your customers know what to do in case they are dissatisfied with their purchase. Having a straightforward refund or exchange policy is a great way to build trust and reassure your customers that they can buy with confidence.
SHIPPING INFOI'm a shipping policy. I'm a great place to add more information about your shipping methods, packaging and cost. Providing straightforward information about your shipping policy is a great way to build trust and reassure your customers that they can buy from you with confidence.